Our town uses a Custom Portal Add-on which offers seamless portals between zones. Download for best access.
.. Hofborg is a public role-play location on the NA-ESO servers for Elder Scrolls Online. The location is comprised of seven 24-person player homes, carefully decorated to create an immersive experience. Visitors are welcome as long as they abide by the rules and guidelines for visitors, most of which is explained on this main page.
Our town is currently recruiting (Apply on Discord):
- Temple: Priest/ess, Sheild Maidens, Healers, Doctors, Scholars, Hedgemages and Antiquarians
- Town: Merchants, Craftsmen, Guards, Villagers, Bondsmen, and honorable warriors sworn to the Thane/Chieftain.
- Ship: Mercenaries, Nord reavers, Sailors, Oarsmen, Merchants
Quick Look for Visitors
Hofborg is an outpost nestled at the feet of a remote temple situated west of Solitude in Western Skyrim. The town is home to the Saebjorn Crew and the Motherhouse. The people of Hofborg are predominantly Nords and tend to be both suspicious and superstitious. Visitors to this locale should be prepared to prove themselves when challenged.
We strongly suggest you read the Expanded Fiction
However, we are not our characters! The players in our guild are welcoming, supportive and kind. Do us the courtesy of keeping IC and OOC separate. We do!
You are obligated to know the Expanded Rules. Here is the short list for those of you in a hurry. But don't go rocking the longship without reading further.
- No OOC in local (say/yell/emote) or house zone. Exception: Quick "brb" or typo* corrections are acceptable. Otherwise, please take any extra joking and chatter to whisper or your own group chats.
- We expect that everyone is familiar with common role-play etiquette and that they know not to do such things as: metagaming, forceful role-play aka godmodding, superman or mary sue role-play and negative thought emotes without representation. (All players have permission to respond to negative thought emotes, directed at them, as if they were spoken out loud.)
- Combat is essentially free-form but all return visitors (and players) are expected to have an OOC limits post in the Saebjorn Discord #ooc-limits channel. Combat dice rules are available for when "good sportsmanship" fails between players.
- No homophobic or transphobic role-play is allowed by visitors anywhere in the town.
It is the intention of this community to provide an authentic Skyrim role-play experience. Nords, and those who live in Skyrim, are as varied as every other region in Tamriel. However we can make some general statements that the visitor to Hofborg should be prepared to expect.
- This is a 'prove yourself' culture where your actions speak louder than words. Don't expect the villagers to warm up to you after one, or even several visits.
- While most Nords will respect other people's right to worship their gods, including the Daedric gods of the Reach and the Orcs; they really do not like Daedra.
- Afflicted, including werewolves and vampires, are not welcome and may in fact be killed on sight.
- Non-standard races, especially monster races such as spriggans or goblins, are not likely to receive a warm welcome either.
- The average Nord is likely to look down on, or even mock any visitor who is 'putting on airs', 'being a snob' or 'dressed too fancy', so when in Rome ....
- Never assume a Nord is okay with magic. They might be, but they might not be. Any errant use of magic within Hofborg may be subject to appropriate IC consequences.
- Expect a fight. I could go on, but really ... expect a fight.
This application process applies to the town of Hofborg, Saebjorn Crew, and the Motherhouse: all of which are moderated through the Hofborg Roleplay guild in game and on the discord server. Read More ..
- Community Leader
- ESO: @Larawyn or Discord: Lara#9755
|This page may contain a mix of ESO canon and Hofborg fanon. This guild project, including the player homes, the story arcs, the add-on and the wiki, is the combined effort of an entire team of incredibly talented writers, builders and programmers. ESO canon has been credited to its source site and Fanon contributors are on the Copyright page.|